Thursday, June 05, 2008

New Chapter, New Site

I have added a segment to the beginning of the first chapter of Lords of Sargoff and shortened the rest of the chapter. You can find the updated version here. I will be making more edits to the rest of the story shortly, as this change affects other things. But I wanted to post the first chapter, to see if anyone thinks it is a better or worse way to start off the book.

I get to have some web design fun shortly. :) I am transferring (from Microsoft Office Live, which I didn't particularly like) the domain name cooproductions.com to GoDaddy, and will then set up hosting there. This is the same name I have used for previous sites, and other things I have created. I am looking forward to having a much more reliable host than I have now, and will be integrating the Lords of Sargoff page and a Reclamation page along with updated top ten lists and whatever else I feel like putting up there. It'll be interesting. :)

On a side note, here's an interesting story. I went to the high school graduation for my niece Ashley, who graduated from NRHEG. [New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva, for those not in "the know"]. It was a fine graduation. The odd thing was this: a man sitting a couple rows ahead of us had an iguana sitting on his shoulder. It was very much alive and he had it on a leash. What's with that? :)

LotD: 30 Sequels You Didn't Know About. Plus a link to 28 more.

4 comments:

DVK said...

Editing huh? I was just getting ready to reread LoS - should I wait a bit?

Joel said...

It'll be awhile until (2-3 months, probably) until I've edited and added to it enough to post another draft of it. The current version I have is pretty close to what is posted on the site. So it's your call. :)

A. Bauer said...

I was pretty disappointed in myself when Mariah asked me later on Sunday if I had seen you at graduation. If it makes you feel better, I also did not see iguana man....

Joel said...

Hehe, I thought you might be there, and scanned the crowd but must have missed. My niece sat right next to Mariah during the ceremony. Weird. Anywho, I did manage to run into Tommy Oswald and Kati Davis.