Tuesday, March 04, 2008

So Long, Cheesehead

I always find it a little sad when the great players in sports retire. Today, the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, Brett Favre, announced his retirement. He has been one of the best players in the league for many, many years, and I have always thought he was one of the more exciting and fun players to watch, even though I will never understand how a last name spelled "F-a-v-r-e" can result in the pronunciation of "Farve." Alas. It's been good fun, and next year, the Packers will have their first new starting quarterback in who-knows-how-long. Ah well.

Go Niners.

LotD: 122 Foot Tall Snowman. And in my native land of Maine, no less. :)

1 comment:

DVK said...

"I always find it a little sad when the great players in sports retire. Today, the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, Brett Favre, announced his retirement."

Aren't those contradictory statements? ;-)