Wednesday, December 06, 2006

TEC 66

I have been accepted to work as an adult leader on the Support team at the next Teens Encounter Christ weekend in January. I won't have worked one in nearly seven years, so hopefully I remember what the heck is happening. :) I am both very excited and somewhat nervous for the weekend and the meetings. It should be an excellent and powerful experience, and I am excited to have a chance to have an impact on the lives of young people. Yet I am nervous because I am rather shy and I don't know anyone else who is working the weekend, so it should be interesting. :) But it'll be all good.

Last Wednesday was Day One of our volleyball season, and Day Two is tonight. Each night, we play 3 games against the same team. Last week we lost the first game, but then started playing a good bit better and won the last 2 games, taking victory for the night. I have lots of room for improvement, and hopefully I get better at it, but it is still good fun and a good workout.

I think I am going to start posting a story to my blog. It is The Cage, and is my most recent story. It is over 10 chapters and over 19,000 words long. It is not perfect and most likely needs a lot of work. But, I will let you read it anyway. It is odd, but so am I, so it fits. I'd appreciate any comments on it you have, any criticisms, good or bad. I will post it a chapter every day (or two), starting tomorrow. So you have that to look forward to, if you feel like reading it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for rubbing it in that you'll be working the next TEC and I won't be. *sigh* Cooper get's all the girls, and now he get's all the TEC's...

Yeah, volleyball was fun last week, and I'm looking forward to tonight. We're playing a team called "Not Dead Yet". Should be a blast.

Hey, I'm looking forward to The Cage! It's like your own little miniseries! And I don't have to remember to record the nights I miss. Unlike the Vikings games, where 2 of the last 3 weeks have gone longer than 3 hours, thus cutting off the end of the game. The DVR schedules are exactly real-time yet, but it would be nice.

Okay, way to drift topics, self. Bring on the story!