Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Disc Golf

I have picked up a new little hobby recently: Frisbee Golf. It's good fun. There are tons of free courses to play at (I've been playing at Lakewood Hills in White Bear Lake), the only expense is buying the discs (mine cost around $9 and earns me extra geek points by having an Orc on it). I'm not particularly good at it, but I am getting better.

It's both lots of fun and something to keep me active. The Lakewood Hills course is about 8 miles from where I work, and I will sometimes play some over my lunch break. There are 14 holes on the course, and I can usually get through at least half in about 40 minutes. I actually have a spreadsheet of my scores (Gina should be proud), showing how I've been doing.

So if anyone reading this (who lives in the area) :) wants to ever play a round, let me know.

2 comments:

DVK said...

Nice choice. I have played frisbee golf a few times, and it was always fun. I do not actually own a disc though.

A. Bauer said...

Absolutely I will if I'm ever in the area. Similarly, if you're ever around Mankato let me know.