Friday, May 23, 2008

Adventures in Buckeyeland: Part One

Well, I am back to Minnesota after an excellent 5 day stay at Erik and Gina's house in Columbus. The only thing that didn't go well was one of the very first things that happened - and ended up being rather humorous. Well, here we go.

My wife dropped me off at the airport in Minneapolis, then headed down to her mom's house for the weekend. After I was dropped off, I started to go through the security checkpoint with my bag and my laptop. The man at the x-ray had another security personnel take my bag and look through it. She opened it up and I saw something I did not expect - shall we say... "feminine products." Yes, I was about to trek halfway across the country, and I had grabbed my wife's bag out of the car, leaving her with mine. (The reason they wanted to look through it was because of the bottles of shampoo and conditioner, which they then threw away.)

I tried desperately to call my wife, hoping she could turn around and swap the bags, but she did not answer her cell phone. So, with a certain amount of self-annoyance, I boarded the plane with a bag full of female clothing, thus leaving me with only the clothes on my back for things to wear for the next five days. Whoops.

The clothes thing didn't bother me too much, but my bag swap meant I did not have my Lord of the Rings cards with me, which was too bad, nor did I have the CD's of my wedding pictures which I was bringing for my parents and brothers (those cds will, instead, be mailed out shortly). I also did not bring the decks I had made for playtesting of my Reclamation card game. However, we printed some out there (I was able to connect from my laptop to my work computer at FLS, which conveniently, had my flash drive, where the game files were stored). We played a game of it and came up with some more good improvements (in theory).

Anyway, shortly after arriving in Columbus, I went shopping at Meijer [like a Super Target] and picked up a pair of jeans and other necessities, and borrowed shirts from Erik during the week. So it was just a minor annoyance in the end, but still rather funny.

More to come on the trip.

LotD: 107 Years and Counting. This light bulb has been shining for 107 years.

No comments: