Thursday, February 08, 2007

Possessiveness and Stuff

Well, you can all calmly slide yourselves back onto your chair. Our volleyball team won all 3 games last night, even though we were a player short. We played with 5 against a team of 6, and they actually had 8 players, so they rotated in and out. We had a couple little comebacks, coming back from 8-1 and 8-3 in the second and third games. Overall, we've won 5 out of the last 6 games, placing us nicely at .500 with a 9-9 record. Whooah.

This Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon strip is one of my favorite of all time. I have a copy of the original newspaper strip from 2001 in my cubicle. It just cracks me up. In general, my favorite comic strips are The Far Side, Dilbert, and Calvin and Hobbes, but I enjoy several, though I do not currently get the newspaper and haven't gotten into online comics. Though I should. They're great. My dad often uses comic strips in his sermons (he's a Baptist minister), and his favorite was always Calvin and Hobbes. I may amuse myself by posting other strips. I don't really know why. But it's my blog, so it's all good. :)

2 comments:

Mac Man said...

The comic is good stuff. Cracks me up. And you forgot to mention *how* we won those games at volleyball. I believe at least 2 of our long point streaks came on a plethora of powerful, masterful, knuckle-ball-ish serves of a local Mac Man. Not that I would be the one to point out such things of course.

Gina Cooper said...

I am amazed at your athletic ability! I love comics too but my favorite is Foxtrot. I'm surprised it wasn't on your list. It would be your FAVORITE Joel!!