Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Blog Entry With No Value Whatsoever

...and yet you still read it. Kinda silly, aren't ya? :)

Here's to wishing that I had Quake installed on my work computer. that being said, I do have the original Doom installed on my second computer. Ah, that brings back the memories, probably been 10 years since I played that game. And by the way, yes I actually do some real work at my job. :)

Recently, I was introduced to the game Battlefield. I haven't yet actually played it, just saw a friend demo it for me, but it looked excellent. I hope to be able to play it a little myself, both by single player and at a future LAN party (that's hooking up multiple computers together so people can play against each other for the non-geeks out there).

Tonight we continue our volleyball season. Last week, we won 2 of the 3 games we played, and should have won the last one. Each game goes to 15 points, and we won the first two games 15-3 and 15-8 I think, then lost the last one 15-12 after being down 14-4. A valiant effort and comeback, but just fell short. Our record is like 6-9 I think, but we are (in theory) getting better. I know all of you are just sitting on the edge of your seat, suspensefully waiting for tonight's results (either that or you are sitting on the edge of your seat because you have fallen asleep and started slouching), but I will post the results of the game.

I have joined a spring / summer co-ed softball league with a bunch of my friends. Should be good fun. The last couple years I played on a Men's league, but this year switched to co-ed. I thoroughly enjoy both softball and volleyball, but yet I have an impressively low amount of skill at both of them. Perhaps losing more weight and getting more in shape will help with that.

Anyway, all this typing and yet not an ounce of useful information. Ah, good times. :)

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm impressed. Volleyball and softball! I stay away from all sports that are out of the water.

Mac Man said...

Excellent Dilbert! I should put that up on my cube wall and change "playing Quake" to "reading Cooper's blog".

We should definitely get a LAN party together for some Starcraft, Unreal Tournament, and Battlefield. The original is pretty cheap now that there's a new version out, and the old one doesn't require nearly as much horsepower. Now if only I could manage to fly the helicopter and actually shoot thing without crashing. I can do one or the other, but not both...

And before anyone gets the wrong idea about our little volleyball team, we are ahead of, or within 1 game of, 5 of the 8 teams in the league. There are a couple really good teams beating everyone, and then the rest of the teams are pretty competitive.

Can't wait for volleyball to start either. Twas fun before, and will be again. The Twins pitchers and catchers start practicing in less than 2 weeks, so you know summer is close. Right? Right? Right...

4 hours and 13 minutes to volleyball...

Mac Man said...

Oh dear, my typing skills are failing me. Not good considering my job...

1. shoot thing --> shoot things
2. Can't wait for volleyball --> Can't wait for softball