Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Question Answered

I have decided on what my next big writing project will be. I had thought about continuing with books two and three for The Lords of Sargoff, as I would like to do some day, but I also know that continuing an unpublished series isn't really going to help me get published. It will be more likely to catch a publisher's eye with multiple completed projects, as opposed to a completed trilogy. Thus, I have begun notes on a new novel.

I have taken the basic idea of my previously posted short short Thorus and expanded upon it greatly. The book, tentatively titled Queen of Men, is a fantasy novel that will be a bit more complicated than The Second Shadow, and should also be longer. After finishing The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, I decided that is the kind of books I would like to write. It is about the reading level and detail level that I would like to write at. I have thoroughly enjoyed writing The Second Shadow and would love to see it published, but I would like to now try writing at a more detailed level. The Second Shadow's storyline is pretty straightforward and there aren't really too many characters, and really only one plot line to follow.

The outline for the new book already has several groups of characters traveling different story paths, though they are all connected. I have the rough draft of the first chapter done, but that is based on the short story Thorus, with some significant changes. So I may post the first chapter here at some point, just to see what people think of it.

1 comment:

Gina Cooper said...

Awesome! I can't wait to read it. I do like reading different character's point of views in storylines.