Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's Next?

I think I may send out printed manuscripts to certain people earlier than expected, likely in February (or even late January) instead of April, assuming that I am pleased with the book after my current read-through. I will be interested to see what these readers think of it, and whether they think it is ready to submit to publishers.

On a side note, as (hopefully) my editing on The Second Shadow is coming to a close, I must now decide what my next major writing project should be. Here are some of my current options.
  1. Books two and three of the Lords of Sargoff trilogy. I have outlines and a couple chapters written for both books. While I will likely write these eventually, even if The Second Shadow never gets published, I do wonder whether it would be better working on something else first, since if book one never gets published, the rest of the series won't either.
  2. I have ideas on expanding Thorus into something novel-length.
  3. The Case for Death.
I have a few other story ideas that I either have a few notes of, or are just ideas floating around in my head, as well as a few other short stories that I could likely expand into something longer.

But we shall see.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

You may want to skip books 2 and 3 for now, and just go straight to books 4, 5, and 6. I hear that works for some people... ;-)