Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Manuscripts

This is going to be the year that I submit The Second Shadow to publishers. I have had ambitions of submitting it in previous years, but there was still work to be done. It just wasn't ready yet. But I now feel like it is getting close. I have a little more work to be done on it, including adding some extra character descriptions. My plan is to finish up those additions and then do one or two read-throughs, and then it will (hopefully) be at the point that I feel it is *almost* ready to be submitted, where I will then hope to get a few people to read or reread the manuscript. I have been working on the formatting of the pages, and when I send it to a few friends and family to read, I will possibly have it nicely printed, so those people can mark errors and make notes. I hope to be able to do this sometime in the spring, perhaps around April. Then perhaps I can make edits based on those rereads, and be ready to submit it sometime in the fall. That, of course, depends on the feedback I get from those rereads, as if the suggestions are that the book requires a bit more work, then that will obviously delay submitting it, which would be fine. The manuscript needs to be quite shiny and perfect when I submit it. I will be very excited when I am able to submit it.

1 comment:

Gina Cooper said...

Yea Joel! Go for it! You will be a famous writer someday - Let us know when you submit your draft!