Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yes, I Saw A Ferrari

We had a good Christmas, as always. For Christmas dinner, we made a glazed stuffed ham and Au Gratin potatoes. Later in the day we had meat and cheese, and kielbasa sausages (I've made them before). It was all yummy.

I received many things that I was happy to get on Christmas day. Listing everything would be silly, but two of the happiest gifts (all the presents were happy) were MarioKart for the Wii, and The Dark Knight on DVD (which we watched on Christmas day).

In other news, Megan's nephew Tony has been here for a couple days. On Sunday, we went to the Mall of America, and sitting on the bottom floor was the most wonderful thing I've ever come across in a mall: a Ferrari. Yeah, that's right. The picture I have here is one I grabbed online, but that's what it looked like, only silver. I should have reached out and touched it. It was most definitely the closest I've ever been to such a car. (I've seen two others in my life, on the roads of Columbus.) According to my estimations and the help of Kelley Blue Book, that Ferrari is worth more than seventy-one 2000 Chevy Cavaliers.

(And I think the value it assigned to my Cavalier was a bit high...)

We are in the middle of the college football bowl season - a wonderful time. Each year, us Coopers pick the winners of each game and see who can do the best. Our picks and progress can be seen on the Cooper Bowl page. As of this posting, my mother and myself are winning with 9 correct picks (after 14 games).

LotD: Colorful Poodles. Some dog owners are really weird.

2 comments:

DVK said...

I saw some neat cars in London, the pics are on facebook I think....

Anonymous said...

Joel, I'm afraid I have gone downhill in picking correct winners. Oh well, now David and Becca are ahead of us all.