Monday, October 06, 2008

Manly Points

So, twelve years ago, at the age of fourteen, I sent my brother Erik an email about manly points, which was a little running joke at the time. I found his response to be great, and thus printed out the email and saved it. I have scanned it in and felt it worth posting here, because I still think it's rather funny. Also of note is the apparent low quality of my parent's printer, and the fact that, it seems, at this time I did not have my own email address. Ah, the dark times.

Time has been short, and blogging has suffered, very sadly of course! :) But, alas. Only 29 days to the election.

As the workload begins to ramp up even more, I will be able to be gone for two days this week, as my brother Dave is getting married on Thursday in Vermont. So my wife and I are flying out Wednesday night and will be returning Sunday. While there, we will also be driving around and enjoying a mini-vacation. This will (probably) include a tour of the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory. We'll be sure to take pictures of our time out yonder, and I will certainly report on it here in a future blog entry.

LotD: Expensive Meow. That cat better grow gold instead of fur.

3 comments:

DVK said...

Nice email - a good laough!

check this out too!
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10059735-93.html

Gina Cooper said...

That was so awesome! Thanks for posting that email. I love my hubby :). Currently he has more manly points than particles in the universe!

Cheryl said...

Great, Joel. I can't believe you kept this email. I'm sure you have collected many manly points by now. Good job!!
It was great seeing you this past week, just not long enough. :)
I love Gina's comment too.
love to you, Mom