Friday, March 24, 2006

Sixty-four

So, yeah, this is weird. In sixty-four days, I am getting married. Me. How quaint. Up until a few years ago, I was convinced I was never going to get married. I could never see myself in a romantic relationship. I don't really know why. I was somewhat scared of girls I suppose, and sometimes socially awkward as well. But alas, it has happened.

I met Megan while working at McDonald's in the summer of 2001. We were very good friends while working there. On her last day there, in August 2002, she asked me out. Later we found out that we had both had crushes on the other for quite some time. Most of our dating time has been spent in a long-distance relationship, while I lived and went to school in Columbus, Ohio, and she lived in Minnesota.

I proposed to her on November 12, 2004. I drove up to surprise her around the time of her birthday, which is November 15 (she was suspicious that was I coming though). I took her to a gazeebo next to a lake, read her a poem I had written for her, got down on one knee and popped the question.

And now, the time is closing in. Sixty-four days. Unbelievable.

I can't explain how I feel about Megan. She is wonderful. I love the way that we can talk for hours. I believe she was Godsent to me as my soulmate - the person I was meant to marry and spend the rest of my life with. I thank God everyday for sending her into my life.

Life will definitely change in the coming months, but I am ready. I just hope Megan is ready for what she's gotten herself into. :)

No comments: