Wednesday, July 31, 2013

House Update: Office and Theater Room

The office
Next comes two of my favorite rooms.  The office is where I spend most of my time, as it has the computer and my cards in it, and has been decorated in a sufficiently geeky manner.  (It's really the only room in the house I have complete control over.) :)  I like Star Wars, by the way.  The office is actually the biggest bedroom in the the house, but it made the most sense as the office - it was the only one that had a cable connection in it, and we didn't see ourselves ever using it as a bedroom.  There's a bit of unused space presently.

Theater room
As soon as we saw the family room downstairs, we knew what we wanted to do with it.  Thus, the theater room was born.  In January, we purchased a 60 inch Sharp LED TV, and hung in on the wall.  We bought a Blu-Ray player a little bit later (though I only have one Blu-Ray presently: the first Hobbit movie).  We also have our Wii plugged in here (playing MarioKart on this thing is pretty great fun).  We have since then bought a love seat, and moved part of our upstairs sectional couch downstairs, as the full sectional couch did not fit into the theater room.  Megan brought her large VHS movie collection, and we put up shelves and bought a DVD shelf.  We then put up several movie posters of some of our favorite movies.  So yeah, it's a pretty great room, if I do say so myself. :)

Theater room
The office


2 comments:

Gina Cooper said...

It looks like you copied the idea of movie posters as pictures from someone I know :)
Both rooms look great. That's a lot of cards by the way

DVK said...

I love how expertly the TV is hung...