Saturday, June 04, 2011

Roughly Visible Icebergs

I have completed my rough draft of Queen of Men. At current, it is 41 chapters, with 45856 words. I had planned for an epilogue, but decided not to add it, at least not yet. There is a lot that happens in this book, and the rough draft is somewhat bare bones, so there is a lot of room for growth. I see the book finishing up at around 90,000 - 100,000 words in length. I am pretty excited to go back and start working on it more, beefing it up and adding more detail and descriptions.

While I have already talked about this with most people who read the blog, my Lasik surgery on May 6 went well, and I absolutely love being able to see. It is so nice not having to deal with glasses and contacts, and I like being able to read the time on the alarm clock at night without moving closer to it. :) I would definitely recommend it.

My wife and I recently got back from our Alaskan cruise. It was great fun, and the mountains in Alaska are beautiful. I have always loved mountains, which is why Colorado has been, geographically, my favorite state. Alaska may end up topping that. I have now been to 40 states, after getting to Washington and Alaska on this trip. Only ten more to go. :)

1 comment:

Gina Cooper said...

Is that all we get about your trip to Alaska? Can we have more details please? 1. What did you see? 2. Did you go on land and sea? 3. What did you think of the food? 4. Can you see your face now that you got lasik?