Monday, May 02, 2011

Lasers

The most interesting and exciting revelation of my recent life is that on Tuesday, April 26, I went in to TLC Vision in Edina for a Lasik consultation. While my vision is not good (my contact prescriptions are -7.50 and -8.00), I am still a good candidate for corrective Lasik surgery. Now, I had been planning on doing it sometime over the summer, but then decided to move it up a bit. I thought it would be nice to have it done before my wife and I go on our Alaskan cruise later this month, so my surgery is scheduled for this Friday, May 6, which is 4 days from today. I am certainly quite excited for it. I will be taking Friday off from work, arriving at TLC around 8:30 in the morning, and I should only be there a couple hours. My wife will then drive me home, and I will hopefully be unconscious for the rest of the day while my eyes began the healing process. I would appreciate prayers for the procedure, that all would go well.

In book update news, I have made it through chapter 31 in the Queen of Men rough draft, with the outline currently having 39 chapters. I really am excited for this book, as I feel that I can tell that my writing has improved since writing The Second Shadow. On a side note, I continue to monitor The Second Shadow on Authonomy.com; a month or so ago, it was ranked about #430, and now it sits at #212. Still a long way to go to get into the top 5, but progress is good.

2 comments:

Gina Cooper said...

How exciting!! We will be praying for you. It is so awesome to be able to see - you will love it :)

DVK said...

I am still filled with and insane jealousy. :-D

Good luck, I look forward to the "gritty details" as I would like to do this some day....