Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Goodbye, Elections

So the election cycle is done, and I have been able to return to a more normal schedule. While I don't feel like this year was as busy or hectic as other election years, it was still quite a bump in workload and hours, and I worked between 12-15 hours a day for the two weeks leading up to election day. I had started coming in at 6:00 in the morning a couple months before the election, and now my normal schedule is 6:00 - 3:00. 6:00 is early, but heading home at 3:00 is wonderful. Now we just have to wait and see whether the governor recount will cause more work for us, as the senate recount did a couple years ago.

The Cooper Book Club has started reading The Way of Kings, which will become at longest book I've ever read (just over 1000 pages). I've barely started it, but I like it so far. It is written by Brandon Sanderson, and will be the first book I've read of his. His Mistborn trilogy is also on my to-read-at-some-point list.

In uninteresting news, my last post mentioned that I will be reading through the Bible to come up with card names for my Reclamation card game. I admit that this activity has a second purpose, as I must confess that there are still parts of the Bible that I've never read. I hadn't read all the minor prophets (except for my namesake's book, which I had read); these I have now gone through and made card titles for. There are then a few other Old Testament books I haven't read, and I am looking forward to going through those.

In Authonomy news, the redid the formula for calculating a book's ranking, so now The Second Shadow has slid from around 170 down to around 300. They've added a star rating as part of the mix. I do have one request, if anybody wants to be really nice (I know some of you already have) - anyone who is willing to sign up for an Authonomy account can "back" the book and give it a star rating, which would help me out. And of course, I'd also appreciate anyone who has "backed" the book before logging back in and giving it a star rating. No pressure, of course. :)

No comments: