Monday, November 22, 2010

The Anarchist Chronicles

I've been posting more to Don't Feed the Hypocrite, so feel free to check out my second (and more serious natured) blog. I've reposted a few things there that I've posted here, so there may be some repeats, but I'm trying to get all my writing like that in one place.

As for The Lords of Sargoff, I'm considering adding something new. In the book, one of the main characters (Cymor) has a book - The Anarchist Chronicles - that contains writings from a dark wizard, though they are not readable except through magical means. I'm considering adding in segments of those writings throughout the book at the beginning of chapters (maybe 10 of the chapters, not really sure what). I thought it might add some clues, or just add some mystery, or maybe just be interesting. Anyway, each one would only be a paragraph, most likely. Here's one I've written that I thought may go at the very beginning of the book, to kick off chapter one. Its exact meaning wouldn't be understood until later in the book. I'm still trying to determine whether or not this is a good idea.

I saw it rush by, as though loosed from a hunter’s bow. Too close to me it came for the good of the one who sent it and the ones he protects, but the Maker should cast blame upon no one but himself and his kind, for it was them who kept me aware and alive. I knew I needed it as it approached, I could not let it pass, and so I reached out from myself, flinging the power from my fingers and capturing it, and it became mine. The sin of the Dissenter will doom the fate of men.

The Anarchist Chronicles, page one-hundred forty-nine

No comments: