Thursday, June 17, 2010

If You Can't Find One, Make One

So as most of you know, I have created collectible card game called Reclamation, based on the Bible. My brother and I have playtested it several times, and it has come a long way. One of the issues I've dealt with in playtesting is the printing of cards. I've used Access forms and ASP web pages to loop through the database before, but now I've come up with something even better (I think, anyway).

[ geekspeak ]

I've created a VB.NET Windows application that connects to the database and creates the images for each card. I used the images I created in Photoshop and pieced the images together like a jigsaw puzzle. So now, all I need to do is run the program and it'll create all 300-something images in the first set. I've added a few to this post. While they don't look as great as they would straight from Photoshop, they still look more like actual cards than I've had before.

[ end geekspeak ]

So, the next time we test the game, it'll be prettier.

Even if it'll still be in black and white.

Well, it's a start.

2 comments:

DVK said...

Will we be testing on the 13th?

Joel said...

We certainly could, I would definitely like getting feedback from other people. I'll have to remember this and print out the updated rules and a couple decks.