Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Workless Week

My wife and I are going to Las Vegas during the week of September 14-19. It should be lots of fun, and will, of course, be nice not to have to go to work for a week. We can both use the vacation. I've never been to Vegas myself, but Megan has, and she rather enjoyed it. We will be entertaining ourselves with activities that do not include gambling, as there are lots of shows to go to (none of which include showgirls), and the hotels themselves are interesting to look at and walk through. We are staying at the Excalibur, a hotel that looks like a castle. It should be a good time.

And then, on September 20th, I get to drive down and trade my Cavalier in for the Mustang. I'm super pumped. In case you hadn't seen it on Facebook, I've included a picture of my Cavalier's odometer on August 29. It's been an excellent car, as I've had it for almost 7 years. But, time came to get something different. Only 17 more days until The Age of the Mustang begins... :)

1 comment:

DVK said...

You'll have great time! Dad and I were there a few years ago. We avoided gambling, alcohol, and showgirls and "still" had a great time! (I'll never understand some people's need to include booze in *everything* they do). Although, if you see some slot machines with cars for prizes you might want to put your dollar in... (10 points if you guess the movie).

The buildings alone are almost worth the trip by themselves. Excalibur was really neat when I visited it (didn't stay in a room though). Make sure to ride the rollercoaster at New York New York!

Too bad Star Trek: The Experience isn't in the Hilton anymore - that was AWESOME! Megan will like Caesar's Palace I bet. The Luxor is fun too....