Sunday, August 23, 2009

My New Ride

Well, this is technically a little premature, but alas. I have one more month of driving my Cavalier (giving it enough time to easily hit 200,000 miles), and then I will trade it in for my new ride: a 2003 Ford Mustang convertible. I am buying it from Jack, who has provided multiple different vehicles to our family over the years (by my count, this will be at least the ninth car we've gotten from him). Jack provided this picture to me before I was able to go see it.

I drove down on Sunday to see it and test drive it. It is great fun to drive, especially with the top down. It drives great and is all around in quite good condition. I had been searching for such a car for a while at dealerships around the Twin Cities, and a few weeks ago had emailed Jack to ask him questions about Mustangs regarding reliability, and he told me that they had this car, and had had it for a few years, and rather enjoyed it, and that it was a "great car." Then last week, he emailed me and said that he was going to be selling it, and asked it I was interesting. Which of course, I most certainly was. So it ended up working out rather nicely. We're paying $8900 for the car, but will also be getting $500 in trade-in for my Cavalier. Sweet.

The only thing I wish was different about it is the color, as white is actually one of my least favorite car colors. But that's something I can live with, considering that I think this quite a good car, and should be reliable. I trust Jack more than dealerships, and the fact that it has been his car for around 5 years means that he's been keeping very good care of it. It also has never been driven in a Minnesota winter, so there's no winter damage.

I am rather pumped. But, of course, it will be until the weekend of September 20th that I'll be able to get it. Booyah.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Joel. I'm glad you were able to get the car and that you are comfortable in it.
I had a great time with you and Megan and a safe drive home in our new car. Thursday I stopped in Columbus, went to Nicolas' birthday party with Gina, Jenna and Sarah, then I left and Jenna came home with me. Erik and Gina came Saturday evening and left with the girls after church yesterday. It was all a great week, but now I'm quite tired.
Did I tell you that our refrigerator died so we must get a new one soon - too soon after getting a new car. :)

We look forward to seeing you and Megan her for Thanksgiving.
love, Mom

DVK said...

V8 or V6?

Joel said...

It's a V6, which is fine by me. I don't expect to be doing any racing. :)

DVK said...

That's not what it sounds like in the card-day emails... :-)