Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Month of Wordlessness

So yes, it has, in fact, been a month since I've posted. Crazy huh. Here's what I've been up to.
  • In June (the day after my last posting, in fact), I went to Ohio and hung out with the family. We had a good time. I got to eat my favorite ice cream in the world (Graeter's) and go to one of my favorite restaurants (Damon's), neither of which is present in Minnesota.
  • Erik and I also played a test round of my Reclamation card game. I do think that, each time we've played it, it's been improved, and I left with a bunch of notes for additional changes, most of which I've already made in the rules (but haven't had a chance to play test yet). I'll bring updated decks and rules when I'm back in the Eastern time zone around Thanksgiving.
  • For my birthday, Erik and Gina gave me the book The Game Inventor's Guidebook: How to Invent and Sell Board Games, Card Games, Role-Playing Games, & Everything in Between! It is interesting and should be useful. I had done some work on a board game called Myridia last year, and wouldn't mind picking that up again and perhaps playtesting it in November as well. I do enjoy designing games.
  • I have been considering expanding a previous piece of writing (The Case for Death) into something more book-length. I already have a couple pages of notes, and have come up with the basic concept - 7 myths about death and why they are incorrect. But I may want to finish up my work on The Lords of Sargoff and get that submitted around for publication before I start on that too much, unless I decide to start work on the next Lords of Sargoff book instead.
  • Over the 4th of July weekend, my parents and David and Becca were around. We had a good time, including a Twins game and the fireworks. They left on Monday.
  • A couple weeks ago, I had a dentist appointment, and found out that for the first time in my life, I had a cavity. So yesterday I went in to get the cavity filled. It was a small cavity, and they did not numb me at all. This is what I get for not eating as well, and for not going to the dentist last year. Whoops.
Here's hoping it's not another month until the next posting.

No comments: