Friday, March 20, 2009

Cars, Pounds, Cards, Words, and Brackets

I continue to blog less often than I have in the past. I really should improve that. Anyway, here's some (un-) interesting tidbits from my recent life.
  • I have created a lot of images for my Reclamation card game, and will now be able to easily print out cards for playtesting. For those interested, you can view the cards or print for deck making.
  • My car has hit 190,000 miles, and is less than 100 miles from 191,000. Not too long until it hits the impressive 200,000 milestone. Assuming it makes it that long.
  • I had posted on here at some point about me wanting to lose weight. Well, I am happy to say that I have been eating much better (in general), and so far.... have dropped 18 pounds. I still have a bit more to lose though for my target weight.
  • I love the NCAA basketball tournament. It's just good fun. At the time of writing this blog, I had correctly picked 20 of 24 games, and am tied for first place in both bracket groups I am entered in (one with family, one at work). That, obviously, could all change rather quickly.
  • I am starting to work more on Lords of Sargoff again. One of my friends just finished reading it, and gave me some good tips. I have done a lot of little edits with wording, and also some bigger changes, including making significant changes to one particular section. That particular section may also end up being moved to a different part of the book, but that is still under consideration. The current version contains 65,500 words and 27 chapters.
  • In other thoughts on the book, I can see myself writing more books and turning this story into a series, which makes me think about book names. Currently The Lords of Sargoff is the name of the first book, but it is quite possible that I would make that the name of the series instead. I have come up with a short list of possible names for book one, should I do things that way. Such potential book one titles include The Light of Fear and The Light of Magic. Book two (which I already have quite a bit of plot notes for) would quite possibly be titled The Blood of the Queen. Let me know if you have any thoughts on titles for the first book (for those of who who have read it).

6 comments:

Erik said...

I like "The Light of Magic" or "The Light of Mystery". A suggestion for the sub-title is "A Lot of Words Which Form an Interesting Story But Still Do Not Explain Why Gina Is So Short"

Gina Cooper said...

ERIK!!! I AM NOT SHORT! And this is obviously a poor title choice!

Joel said...

Genious!

Perhaps there should be an evil race of midgets called the Ginas.

DVK said...

"Gina" is to obvious of name for a race. Call them the Anig's - much more subtle!

I'm not sure about a title - but keeping the word 'light' in there is important I think. Someday I'll finish my re-read and get my comments to you.....

Mac Man said...

Shouldn't the short race be called one of the following (for full effect):

1. Ginatom
2. Tomgina

DVK said...

Yay spambots!