Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anticipation, Cinematically Speaking

Here are my most anticipated movies of 2009, in order of my excitement:

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince (7/17) - This was also my #1 looked forward to movie of 2008, but it got pushed back from a November release to July. The trailers look good. I've found each movie in the series to get better, so I have high hopes for this one. I will be rereading the book before going to see the movie.

Star Trek (5/8) - This will only be the second Star Trek movie I've seen in the theater (after First Contact). At that time, that was the only Trek movie I had seen, and I had only seen a few episodes. Now, I've seen quite a few episodes, all the movies, and I play the card game. Suffice it to say I'm now officially a Trek fan.

Terminator Salvation (5/21) - Even though this is an Arnold-less Terminator, I've found the trailers to look good, and the addition of Christian Bale is a big plus. And it comes out on my birthday. Nothing like apocalyptic-type storyline to celebrate my birth.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (5/1) - The trailers look more promising than I originally thought they would. So this movie has potential.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (6/24) - While I've never been much into Transformers myself, I did rather like the first movie. Let's hope this one doesn't go the typical sequel route and be utterly terrible.

Public Enemies (7/1) - How can you go wrong when you pair my two favorite actors (Johnny Depp and Christian Bale)? Plus, of course, the movie looks interesting.

I expect theatrical viewings for at least the first five, and hopefully the sixth. There are some other movies that I have interest in, but these are certainly at the top.

No comments: