Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SpecTECular

The TEC weekend is over, which is always sad. Working a weekend for the first time in almost seven years brought back lots of memories. It was an excellent time, and I hope to be able to repeat this experience in the future, hopefully the TEC coming in July, as I have several friends who will be applying to work that one. I only hope that this weekend made a significant (and permanent) change to these candidates, because, while it was good fun, having an effect on the candidates is the purpose of TEC.

However, working this TEC was a good step out of my comfort zone. I am a very shy and socially awkward person, so it is often difficult for me to interact with people I don't know. On the Support Team I worked on, I had only met one of the fifteen other people on the team prior to this experience. I had worked with her - Erin - on TEC #37 when I was in high school, back in the day. But that's okay, it's good for me to force myself into situations like this. It's the only way I'll get more comfortable with social situations.

Anyway, it's about time to head home.

3 comments:

The Giesenator said...

Great weekend. It was nice to meet you man.

Janet said...

It was nice to see you over the weekend! Ah, the memories :) I bet I can find you in some old pictures... Even though we never got to work the same team.

Mac Man said...

Glad you had a good time. Brings back some memories, huh? We made a great garbage team at closing. Mmmmm, TEC coffee stains on my pants! Who can resist?

Looking forward to working a TEC with you soon.