Thursday, November 20, 2008

Insert Blog Title Here

I really need to keep up with my blogging better. The last few weeks haven't been all too exciting, but alas. Here's another bullet-point summary.
  • I have started to read Eragon. I decided to read some more of the shorter books and series before tackling The Wheel of Time. My wife will soon be finishing up her second reading of The Lords of Sargoff before (probably) starting The Lightning Thief, which is the first book of the series Percy Jackson & The Olympians.
  • My wife and I did see the movie Changeling, which wasn't too bad. My wife really liked it. A viewing of Twilight is scheduled for this weekend. We also watched the movie 13 Going on 30, which was on TV the other day, and was a little funnier and not as bad as I had thought.
  • I bought a new pair of Nike sneakers yesterday. Isn't that the most exciting thing ever? Did you know that finding size 14 shoes is not the easiest thing in the world?
  • We found out on Tuesday that my company is planning a company meeting in January. This one is more exciting though, as it is in Marco Island, Florida, right on the ocean (or, I suppose, right on the Gulf of Mexico). We will be there for 4 days and 3 nights, and will be staying at a Hilton.
  • I really would like to drop some weight. I had lost about 30 pounds after moving back to Minnesota in 2005, but I have gained that back, plus a couple extra. I have wanted to for a while, but I have gotten more serious about it over the last couple months. I did actually lose 9 pounds in September, but then gained most of that back over the election season (lots of catered in meals). So I will be trying to cut down my meal portions, drink lots more water, and use the treadmill that we bought earlier this year on a regular basis. I think one of my bigger problems is overindulging on snacks, so I will have to stop doing that. :) All in all, I could stand losing a good 50 pounds, I would think.
LotD: The Nintendo Choir. Classic.

No comments: